Pilates is a system of movement and fitness developed by Joseph Pilates. I started my personal Pilates practice in 2010 when I was commuting from NH to Boston and was in desperate need of help to alleviate my lower back pain and hip tightness.
Learning the Pilates method helped to heal my body, and allowed me access to greater mobility and strength. Having been a lifelong athlete, I was at first skeptical as I was used to high impact exercise. After the first few sessions, I fell in love with the process and began taking the courses and teaching Pilates to my clients.
But don’t take my word for it, read what our clients have to say about their experience with Pilates on our Client Testimonial page.
What can Pilates do for you?
- Increase your body awareness, balance and coordination
- Improve your core strength
- Alleviate lower back pain
- Strengthen your hips while also improving your flexibility
- Improve your posture and offset the effects of prolonged sitting and computer-use
- Create a safe and effective exercise routine after an injury