Light and dark. Day and night. Yin and yang. Ren and Stimpy. Wherever you look, life is full of contrasts, just like this recipe.
I love me some sweet potatoes, don’t get me wrong, but sometimes just throwing them in an oven to bake is, well, boring. So to add a little more sexy, I’ve Sirena-fied these sweet potatoes by contrasting the natural sweetness of the sweet potatoe with the spiciness of paprika and cayenne pepper.
These are friggin’ awesome. And you should make them. Like now. Just sayin’.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. cumin
- a few pinches of Celtic Sea Salt
- Turn on oven to 375 and wash sweet potatoes
- Cut sweet potatoes into 1/4 inch x 3 inch pieces (try to make them all uniform in size to help with even cooking)
- In a large mixing bowl, drizzle the olive oil on the sweet potato fries and hand toss.
- Add the seasonings and hand toss evenly to coat the entire fries
- Place neatly on a cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes